"Werner Koch" <w...@gnupg.org> wrote in message news:<87r4tamlnb.fsf__2553.46998242221$1340181117$gmane$o...@vigenere.g10code.de>...
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:56, laurent.ju...@skynet.be said:

>     It's defined in GPG.CONF:

Nope.  GnuPG-2 does not support loading of extensions.  the option is a
dummy option.  The reason for this is that crypto operations are done by
Libgcrypt and not by gpg.exe.

The next version of Libgcrypt will support IDEA and thus GnuPG 2.1 will
be able to decrypt old (i.e. PGP 2) files, directly.  However, using
IDEA is not a good idea, we have far better algorithms for ages.

Hi, Werner.

When I have to make use of "idea.dll" so that I can decrypt messages that were encrypted with it, I then use Gpg 1.4.x, and I have it in an altogether separate folder from the real installation of Gpg 2.0.x. I could not agree with you more in regard to its comparatively inferior algorithms, but that does not preclude my needing it from time to time.

Is there any reason I should not place it in the same folder as the gpg.exe version 1.4.x and then make reference to it there? Thanks.