On 26/03/13 07:50 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On 03/25/2013 06:30 PM, Jack Bates wrote:
How do I dump all the properties of a key?

it's not clear to me what you're looking for, but here are a few options
that might provide you with useful information:

gpg --export-options export-minimal --export $KEYID | pgpdump

gpg --export-options export-minimal --export $KEYID | gpg --list-packets

if you are interested in the list of other people's certifications (or
old self-certifications) you could omit the "--export-options
export-minimal" arguments.

If you're looking for some piece of information in particular, asking in
more detail can make it easier for other people to help you get the
answer you're looking for.

Thank you very much for this answer, "gpg --list-packets" is exactly what I was looking for. It reveals the digest algo used for the signature and the preference list, although it's quite terse. I had to refer to include/cipher.h to lookup "digest algo 8"

pgpdump is a bit more verbose. Helpful. Thank you!