No I am not. An example of a similarly false statement would be "When
a trader does not employ an accountant he is serving as his own
accountant."

You don't have a false statement so much as a logical paradox: when a trader has no accountant, he is his own accountant -- structurally, it's similar to 'the village barber shaves only those men who do not shave themselves'; the statement nullifies its own truth.

Add the word 'external' before the first instance of 'accountant' and you'll have a true statement.

So Mozilla serves as the CA for most Firefox users, because Mozilla
makes the decision which root certificates to trust.

Arguably, sure. I'm not sure I'd go for that, but it has the virtue of being a creative interpretation of commonly-accepted terms rather than something completely heterodox.