On 4/9/2014 2:08 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
safe.  How would you protect your home and valuables then?  That is the
type of problem that Heartbleed is, and it IMO needs to be posted
EVERYWHERE, so that people can at least try to protect themselves.

Please re-read my message.  I never told him to post elsewhere or that
it was off-topic for this list.  I simply told him where he might get
better answers.  If I was still teaching at the university and a student
came by looking for help with calculus homework, my first response would
be, "Well, you're in the Computer Science department; the Math
department is at the other end of this hallway."

And my second response would be, "But maybe I can help you: let's see."

:)

Believe it or not, I did read your message. I did not mean to accuse you of telling him to post elsewhere or that it was off-topic for the list. I am sorry if you got that impression. I just feel the the issue is very important, and needs to be "shouted from the roof tops", as the saying goes.

Again, my message was nothing personal against you. I just thought I'd provide more information on the bug.

My message has not shown up on the list, yet. Is the list moderated, or is it just an issue of a reply to a message showing up before the actual message does?