Ville,

Thank you for your detailed response, it was very helpful. :)

I'm curious about one thing, and sorry if this is off-topic but since we're discussing how to keep GnuPG up to date on Mac perhaps it is close enough to on-topic.

I notice you suggested (home)brew as the source of the gpg2 package. Can you say a little about the relative value of that project vs. MacPorts, Fink, or Rudix? I'm very slightly familiar with the first, and not really familiar with the others except by name, so I'm looking for pros, cons, advice, etc.

Thanks again,

Doug