On Friday 14 November 2014 17:05:12 da...@gbenet.com wrote:
> david@laptop-1:~$  sudo pkg install pinentry-gtk2
> [sudo] password for david:
> sudo: pkg: command not found
> david@laptop-1:~$ sudo apt-get install pinentry-gtk2
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> pinentry-gtk2 is already the newest version.
> pinentry-gtk2 set to manually installed.
> david@laptop-1:~$
>
> So that's a complete failure

That seems a little harsh, doesn't it? ;-)

After all, you now know that you do indeed have the pinentry-gtk2 installed,
and we know that you use a Debian-based distro.

Now, you could try to verify that pinentry-gtk2 is the pinentry program that
you normally use:

$ grep pinentry-program ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf
pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-qt4

If not, you should ensure that the right pinentry program for your environment
is installed (like you did before with pinentry-gtk2):

$ sudo apt-get install pinentry-qt4

If you don't find the cause of the problem in this way, then there's still
enough time left to despair if you so wish…

Cheers,
  Johannes