On 2015-02-19 18:16, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
I also like @ to hide useless output, but is downloading *and
executing* from a remote location really something you should hide?
Especially if everything else isn't hidden?

I can understand you're pretty darn pissed off that they executed untrusted remote code on your computer, which, I think, explains why you're "lashing out" so strongly. And I also think that it was truly poorly designed. But I find your quest for bad faith on their part a bit far fetched... Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.[1][2]

By now, you should probably cool down a bit. I'd say you've made your point.

Peter.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor ; apparently after Robert J. Hanlon, not Hansen ;P [2] Although with security software, a bit of healthy paranoia can be warranted, IMHO.