Yeah, mailpile has a very unusual architecture, so its no surprise it'll need
some unusual tricks.  Unusual tricks in software that aims to be secure
generally make me nervous since it is important to keep code readable and
understandable for both the core devs, but also contributors, auditors, etc.

.hc