Hello,

Looking at gnupg-for-android I was wondering and amazed. How does a Android app
manages to use GnuPG? As far as I understand the relationship between GPGME and
GnuPG, GPGME gathers all necessary information from the app and sends the data
to GnuPG in a 'command-line-based way' and receives the result. I know it is
not that hard to use C++ libraries in Android (thanks to JNI and NDK).
Therefore the connection between the java wrapper and the C++ part is no real
mistery.

I just can't imagine how this all works together with GnuPG. On a Linux pc
there is a standard path for GnuPG, so GPGME can find and call it very easy. On
Android - I guess - you have to bring your own GnuPG with the apk. But how does
the C++ part of GPGME know where GnuPG is located? Does the whole communication
work in the same manner as on a pc? Does the deviation of bionic and glibc
affect GPGME and GnuPG in any way? I tried to understand how this is done in
gnupg-for-android, however it seems like sorcery to me.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me to get a better basic
understanding of the android <-> gpgme <->gnupg relationship.

Many thanks in advance.

Sandra