> On 19 Feb 2017, at 11:19, Peter Lebbing <pe...@digitalbrains.com> wrote:
>
>> On 17/02/17 15:11, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
>> Some systems will only authenticate against the most recently created
>> A subkey.
>
> I have no personal experience, but I think it's possible this relates to
> MonkeySphere handling the authorized keys on the server?

In my personal experience, monkeysphere has correctly added all valid A
subkeys. But I have a niggling doubt that I once read complaints from somebody
somewhere (not helpful, I know) that whatever system they were using had
trouble with multiple valid A subkeys.

The main reason I am wary of having multiple subkeys for the same usage is that
it just adds more complexity to an already complex system. In the case of E,
multiple subkeys cause utter chaos. And in the case of A and S, there next to
no benefit - if one of your subkeys is lost you should revoke it immediately
anyway, and you can generate a new subkey while you're at it. Having an extra
subkey generated in advance only gives you a tiny window of extra utility.

Andrew.