On Fri 2017-07-07 18:01:03 +0200, gnupg-u...@niob.at wrote:

> I am looking for a "simple" way to use a GPG public/private RSA key to
> do "raw" RSA operations. I have the impression, that gpgme only deals
> with "real" OpenPGP data structures, but this does not fit my use case.
> This is for an application that is currently based on openssl crypto.

you're right -- gpgm is only for higher-level protocol operations,
whether they're OpenPGP or CMS (cryptographic message syntax).  it
doesn't offer low-level crypto primitives.

if you want low-level crypto primitives that are GPL-compatible, you can
use libhogweed (from the nettle project) or libgcrypt.

Modern GnuPG uses libgcrypt for its crypto primitives, fwiw.

       --dkg