Presently on below version.
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.22
libgcrypt 1.5.3

I've sent vendor public key and received files back encrypted with our key.
I can decrypt file when using the pinentry and manually enter passphrase.
I've tried several variation of command in batch mode but all give error
gpg: public key decryption failed: Bad passphrase
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

gpg2 -v --batch --yes --no-tty --passphrase-file <(echo testpp) -o tempain24 -d
PAIN.024.pgp

cat /export/home/applmgr/testpp | gpg2 --batch --passphrase-fd 0 --armor
--decrypt /export/home/applmgr/PAIN.024.pgp

echo <passphrase> | gpg2 --batch --passphrase-fd 0 --armor --decrypt
/export/home/applmgr/PAIN.024.pgp

Thanks
jerry