Hi Niibe,

On 6/29/2018 1:40 PM, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
Hello,

Sorry, my explanation was not accurate.  In the Tor-mode of dirmngr, it
uses the port 9050 at first.  And there is some code to fallback to the
port 9150.  It's like:

     libdns_switch_port_p (gpg_error_t err)
     {
       if (tor_mode && gpg_err_code (err) == GPG_ERR_ECONNREFUSED
           && libdns_tor_port == TOR_PORT)
         {
           /* Switch port and try again.  */
           if (opt_debug)
             log_debug ("dns: switching from SOCKS port %d to %d\n",
                        TOR_PORT, TOR_PORT2);
           libdns_tor_port = TOR_PORT2;
           libdns_reinit_pending = 1;
           return 1;
         }
       return 0;
     }

I suspect the error detection is not working well.  If it works,
you should see the debug message of "dns: switching from SOCKS port...".

I tested with the port 9050, my dirmngr works fine.

Appologies for not answering sooner.

The issue is that in the case of "Tor Browser" it listens only for socks5 connection on port 9150.:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-community-team/2018-June/000188.html

How can I force dirmngr to use port "9150"?

Sorry again for my late answer, I had overlooked your e-mail.

I really appriciate any help/input! :)

--
John Doe