Hi Bernhard,

On 09.07.2019 15:02, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
Note that on Wiktor's page a few details are missing:
  * policy file is needed
  * directory listing strongly recommend to be off
  * minimum version of gpg that has --with-wkd (some versions don't).

Policy file is checked during WKD check (and I saw the original poster did set it up). Checking directory listing would be an interesting thing to add! (Although this would be only heuristic).

--with-wkd gpg version is definitely good thing to add, thanks for the idea!

BTW, last week we've updated
   https://wiki.gnupg.org/WKDHosting
with a how to use gpg-wks-client on Gnu and Windows systems
to create a flat file structure.

What I like in WKD most is that it's a super-simple standard. Once upon a time I mailed random PGP-using people asking if they'd consider setting it up and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. The only thing I needed was basically the local-part hash and actually that's what I built the checker for, to generate the URL in an easy way, even without GPG.

--with-wkd mentioned by Alyssa is what I used previously and it was good but ultimately I've become too lazy to use even that :)

As Phil mentioned the checker has not been updated to latest specs and gives warnings for issues that I think should be part of the spec (I mentioned them on the OpenPGP mailing list but did not receive any feedback from the I-D author).

Best Regards,
Bernhard
ps.: Thanks Wiktor for explaning WKD

No problem! I actually also implemented WKD in a couple of projects in three different languages (OpenKeychain, OpenPGP.js, initial support in Mailpile, I did have a patch for mutt but they didn't like the idea :)), so the I-D looks solid!

> I thought you'd be interested in the
> feedback. :)

Yep, thanks for the CC, I'm not subscribed to the ML at all times!

See you later!

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--