On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 04:28:58PM -0400, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
With judicious use of the various -clean options, the key spamming bug is effectively dead...

I’d like to point out that the options you are referring to are actually enabled by default nowadays (since 2.2.17). So from an user’s point of view, the judicious thing to do is simply to use the latest GnuPG version available.

I am pointing that out because people could interpret your comment as meaning that GnuPG requires some tinkering of its options in order to be safely usable with regard to the SKS spamming issue. That’s not the case; the default configuration is fine.

- Damien