Is there a guide anywhere for what versions of GnuPG are supported by what
versions of GPGME?

I only need encryption and decryption as part of an automated software
framework, and I’m trying to migrate from an existing toolset that uses GnuPG
v1.4 and python-gnupg.  We need to be able to pgp encrypt and decrypt without
human interaction.  I’m working through the various ways to move up to more
current software, and latest GPGME with latest GnuPG is probably the best, if I
can figure out the python bindings and if GnuPG works with pinentry for
automated decryption.

Any tips, any good documents out there?  Are there archives of this list
somewhere, or is that private for the same reason the subscribers’ list is?

Thanks!

Rich Hammett