On 12/01/2021 08:25, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

if this would work, like I mentioned in my bund.de example, organizations
would have the freedom to choose WKD instead of hockeypuck or Hagrid,
and they would have a compatible*inhouse*  solution, via simple
Web management, instead of running a server software, like hokeypuck
or Hagrid.

WKD is used to publish your own keys, or keys belonging to users in your own domain. A keyserver is for publishing arbitrary other people's keys. It has never been necessary for a business to run its own keyserver in order to use PGP.

--
Andrew Gallagher