ved...@nym.hush.com wrote:

On 1/14/2022 at 11:46 AM, "Стефан Васильев via
Gnupg-users" <gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:

Hi all,

If people have a modern Telefax machine, have you ever
tried out to send a GnuPG signed Fax?

=====
You can simply armor sign the message.
Don't bother with the 'begin' and 'end' part, it can be added on the
receiving end.
OCR it into telefax and send.
I have never done this, and the few times I have tried similar
things, the OCR always made mistakes.

Anyone used an OCR program that reliably could get a page of gnupg
block ciphertext
Without mistakes

The only reliable OCR software I have found in the past was a Windows PC
software, which gave 100 percent correct results. I used that for a scanned
document, from a printed page. Maybe base32, for example, would be a
good candidate, when used only with uppercase or only lowercase letters.

http://www.boxoft.com/free-ocr/

Regards
Stefan