Francis Kp via Gnupg-users wrote:
First of all, thank you for taking your time to reply to this email. I
tried it using the -l flag. The config file was found in the directory
before that. Below is the command I executed.

$ gcc -I /home/user/Desktop/gnupg-1.4.13
-l/home/user/Desktop/gnupg-1.4.13 mpi-pow.c

Now it's throwing the below error
[...]
I tried copying the header file mpi.h into the directory gnupg-1.4.13
and compiling the mpi-pow.c program, now the error is like given
below:
[...]
Is there anything wrong with the way I used the -l flag ? If so could
anyone guide me in the right direction?

Yes, you should remove the copy of mpi.h you made in /home/user/Desktop/gnupg-1.4.13; that is not how you make libraries available to C compilations. Try -I/home/user/Desktop/gnupg-1.4.13/include instead of copying mpi.h.

If you are having to ask for help with these problems, I am not sure you have the prerequisite programming skills to be doing this. I think you need to learn more about C, compilation and linking, and other fairly basic computer science topics before trying to study cybersecurity, lest you become another entertaining "security" clown who has no clue how computers actually work but thinks that signed integers are magically more secure. (Hint: "signed" and "unsigned" in C have nothing to do with cryptographic signatures whatsoever.)

-- Jacob