Martin Man wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as part of our infrastructure move, I'd like to bring to your attention
> the proposal I made for the mailing list renaming. The renaming will be
> done in the spirit of "getting rid of trademarks" like solaris and GNU
> from our names.

> Please share your thoughts so that we can get this further until the
> hardware problems @nexenta.org machine are resolved...

By now, nexenta.org machine is fully functional, we even copied web
content from gnusolaris.org to this new machine, so, if you point your
browser to http://www.nexenta.org you should see the content from the
old site with a little bit changed logo on first page.

We need to modify old content a bit to reflect our new direction - NCP, etc.

Still need to decide what to do with forums and blogs. Blogs kind of
dead at the moment, but forums contains a lot of useful information.
Would be nice to move forums to the new location too.

APT repository with b70 bits is also available at
http://www.nexenta.org/apt, however, contains unstable bits only.

We are planning to produce first ISO out of this new repository real
soon. But I'd say, this is not a show-stopper for other plans, like
starting preparation of new build/upload system.

> Alex, Erast, are we ready to contact sonic to do the rename/merge for
> us? Where can I help?

This action needs to be coordinated with web site content, right? I'd
say, we better first update www.nexenta.org content and than change
mailing lists. At any rate, I think we need to shutdown gnusolaris.org,
move mailing lists to new location and launch nexenta.org all at the
same time, so to avoid possible confusions. And switching mailing lists
is the easiest part.