On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Erast Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 20:00 +0530, Anil Gulecha wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Erast Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Another way is to use dpkg-divert - but in this case its a bug.
>> > charset.alias must be shipped with libiconv library only.
>> >
>> I hung around at #elinks, and turns out the package has a copy of
>> gettext in it. which geneates the file.
>
> I think you need to ask debian/rules to use system-wide
> libicon/gettext..
>
>> Also the package has an 'ubuntu' in it (as it's already in the our
>> repo.. i got it via apt-get source elinks)? Is this alright? If not,
>> how do I remove ubuntu?
>
> In debian/changelog for first line where version specified:
>
> s/ubuntu/nexenta/
>
> apt-upstream-tool does that for you. Also, over time it will do some
> other "policy" things... so I would suggest to use it and try to improve
> it if you'll find bugs and time permits.
>
> Caution: you always need to check if a package exists in our repository
> before getting it as is from Ubuntu. Could be that some amount of work
> already done by someone and all we need is to fix existing package,
> instead of importing new one from upstream.

Ok.

So what line do I need to add to sources.list to first check
Nexenta-hardy sources. the current contents are as below, so it gets
things from ubuntu's mirror.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/elinks_tmp# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
## In order to bootstrap from elatte, we include the elatte-unstable sources
## and then publish to hardy
# deb http://apt.nexenta.org elatte-unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://apt.nexenta.org hardy-unstable main contrib non-free

## In order to get older sources from elatte, enable one of the sources below
# deb-src http://apt.nexenta.org/ elatte-stable main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://apt.nexenta.org/ elatte-testing main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://apt.nexenta.org/ elatte-unstable main contrib non-free

## Hardy/main is the primary target for upstream sources
deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy main
deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy-updates main
deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy-security main
# deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy-backports main

## Hardy packages outside of main are a low priority, but acceptable
## when needed as a build dependency, uncomment as needed
# deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy universe
multiverse restricted
# deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy-updates
universe multiverse restricted
# deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy-security
universe multiverse restricted
# deb-src ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/ubuntu/ hardy-backports
universe multiverse restricted

~Anil