Helge Hess <helge.hess <at> opengroupware.org> writes:

> On Mar 21, 2007, at 17:52, Xavier Glattard wrote:
> > Why the hell should libobjc be build as a dll ????
>
> Don't know whether this was really a joke
>
> Anyways, its *very* important that libobjc is built as a DLL if you
> build any other ObjC library/framework/bundle as a shared object.
> Otherwise you end up with multiple ObjC runtimes in a single
> application! This has cost me a LOT of time in the past because its
> an easy to make mistake.

Yes, this was not really a joke :-\

An other stupid question :
why dont link _only_ gnustep-base to a static libobjc ?
So you would not had multiple objc runtime !

Hum... i bet you can't ;-)
I read many things about undefined symbols that prevent to build dll...
Is that the problem ?

Thanks for your patience :-)

Xavier