Hi,
There were two issues here: As you might have noticed yourself, NSAttributedString was raising an exception when adding a nil base URL to the document importing options. The other issue is that GWorkspace is relying on NSAttributedString detecting the document type itself but this was not yet implemented. I've added some code to auto detect at least RTF and HTML documents and fixed the base URL issue, so GWorkspace's RTF content inspector now should be working.
Very good, a first test shows it works! I wonder how it used to work some time ago, but it is not important.

Thank you,
  Riccardo