I have tracked the problems down to this area of the make file....

if test "x$ac_cv_lib_pthread_pthread_join" = x""yes; then
  pthread_ok=yes
else
  # Change this...
  pthread_ok=no
fi

if I set pthread_ok=yes to goes on to the next issue (seems test are ran
even when cross compile which of course fails.)

Although that I can just change it I am worried I have my linking set up
wrong, any help would be great.

Jackie