On 08.01.2013, at 18:00, David Chisnall <thera...@sucs.org> wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> The easiest way of scheduling a socket in the run loop is to remember that
> sockets are just file descriptors and so can be wrapped in an NSFileHandle
> and connected to a notification.

I don't understand what you mean by "connected to a notification".

> This is easy from anything that allows you to get the underlying file
> descriptor for the socket, and if it's already encapsulated in an object then
> you can either use associative references or just create an NSDictionary
> indexed by the file handles.

if I understand you correctly, you're describing the way how to get back from
the native file handle encapsulated in a notification (userInfo) towards my
original object?

What I don't understand: how exactly do you schedule an "NSFileHandle connected
to a notification" in a NSRunLoop?

Cheers,

  Marcus

--