On 03/10/2013 11:04 PM, Chan Maxthon wrote:
How about reversing the relationship on GNUstep: implement CoreBase
in Objective-C. Everything except CFRetain() and CFRelease() can be
built with ARC, and CF objects are typedef'd to their respective
Objective-C counterpart. Apple invented CF to serve Carbon and Cocoa
simultaneously, but we don't have that Carbon trouble so we can
really bravely implement CF using Obj-C.

Umm, I suppose it might be doable (without giving it much thought), though a lot of Stefan's work on corebase would get thrown away.

I haven't been around when gnustep-corebase was launched, so I can't tell whether this option has been considered...?

--
Luboš Doležel