I apologize if this response took longer than you expected.  I still have
to periodically dig out your e-mails from my Spam folder (I now at least
know to check there).

Anyway, yes, I know this is a problem and I've been meaning to add an error
whenever the ICU headers are not present.  The code is still very much
intertwined with calls to ICU, so I better get this done sooner rather than
later.

That said, do you have the ICU headers installed?  If so, where?  I'm
wondering because configures gives out an error when "icu-config" is not
present, and, generally speaking, if icu-config is present so are the
headers.  The configure script is likely to contain bugs since I've been
learning Autoconf as I go.

By the way, thanks for periodically building corebase.  Since I get so few
bug reports, I never if anyone is still doing so.  I'm working towards
getting a second release out before the end of the year... Assuming I can
squash all the known bugs before then.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mott...@libero.it