Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
I still find it a bit bad that in such a condition we can't warn the user and
instead crash with a SIGSEV.
We don't crash ... we catch the signal in a signal handler, and
recover/continue.
If you are running under gdb, then gdb catches the signal first, but that's not
a crash, it's just gdb letting you look at the app at the point when the signal
occurs.

right, the original issue was that: the typical "nothing happens" menu click and no output on the NSLog() since we hide exceptions. I stand corrected!

running in GDB made the application crashing. Confusing :)

Riccardo