Fwiw original version defined two symbols pointing to constant strings with
the same value. Fred and I asked for changes. I asked Daniel to investigate
using NSString const*, and when that worked we went ahead with submitting
the change.

Sorry about this. We did not consider compiler differences, but that's why
we have people trying it out \o/

I like Josh's workaround.