Short updates:

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:14 PM Ivan Vučica <i...@vucica.net> wrote:

> ## Is this a move to Github?
>
> No.
>
> Strong and vocal feedback of the community has been heard and Github
> is intended as a temporary stop. We'll sort out a different hosting
> provider, most probably self-hosting the repositories, some time in
> the future.
>
> When the time comes, you will be either asked to sign up for this new
> service, or be given a pre-created account. It's expected that you
> will need to supply the SSH public keys again, just like with Github.

I have not forgotten about this, I just did not get around to doing this.

> ### I mean, can I obtain the backup of the Subversion repos that you used?
>
> For the time being, the backup is available over:
>   http://vcs.gs.badc0de.net/rsync_svn.gna.org_svn_gnustep.tar.bz2

For cost saving reasons, I am terminating the virtual machine that this was
being hosted on. I've deployed this file onto Google Cloud Storage instead.
The DNS record has already been changed to point to the new location.

There has been a grand total of 20 downloads, many of them bots indexing
the mailing list archives:

ivucica@gnustep-vcs:/var/log/nginx$ ag -z
rsync_svn.gna.org_svn_gnustep.tar.bz2 | grep ' 200 ' | wc -l
20

I don't see evidence of people using Subversion to checkout the read-only
copy of the code either, so that is not being migrated.

This VM has also been backing up SVN of gap hourly; it will not be doing so
anymore once shut down. (I completely forgot that it's doing so. I also
never set up monitoring for this, nor did I set up cloning of Github repos
either.)

I am keeping the VM disk around for the time being, and will back it up if
I opt to delete the disk from GCE.