Hello,

Its been some time since I last reported my progress with the project.
Reminder from the previous mail:
"""
The goal of the project would be, in the end, to allow for automatic
creation of *CALayer* tree that backs the existing *NSView* tree. This also
covers
the creation and handling of *CARenderer* and OpenGL layers.

If the project successfully ends, we should have a framework that allows
for complex, smooth animations that are hardware accelerated, while
maintaining Cocoa compatibility.
"""

Its only a couple of weeks before GSoC ends, and I'm slowly wrapping it up.
This week I've been mostly trying to draw the actual NSView contents into
the attached CALayer.

Last week I had a proof that this is possible using the work  from previous
phases - I’ve managed to draw some custom graphics into a CALayer, which is
then drawn into a NSView-managed OpenGL context using a CARenderer.

You can read the report in more detail at this link
<https://blog.stjepan.io/google-soc-2018-diary-ep-7-making-it-draw/>. There
are also a couple of previous reports on the blog as well.

Regards,
Stjepan