Hi Fred,

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 10:39 AM Fred Kiefer <fredkie...@gmx.de> wrote:

> > Am 22.05.2019 um 08:53 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <
> riccardo.mott...@libero.it>:
> >
> > Sergii Stoian wrote:
> >> I've wrote tooltips for ProjectCenter PCButton's implementation. After
> that someone has copied this implementation into NSView.
> >> I looked into ProjectCenter sources long time ago. I was convinced that
> PCButton's private tooltips implementation was replaced with NSView's.
> >
> > I removed the custom ToolTip implementation in PCButton and removed the
> custom stuff. Now, very little of PCButton remains, just some graphic
> settings, essentially.
> >
> > The good news is that it works as before.
> >
> > The bad news is that there were certain bugs in the tooltips and they
> remain :) This means.. that the NSView implementation has taken them over 1
> to 1.
> >
> > With windowmaker, some tooltips work, sometimes they don't show, the
> behaviour is
> > - move pointer over button
> > - TT doesn't show
> > - while it doesn't show, the WindowMaker icon gets grey (looses
> Application Icon) and sometimes even jumps (focus lost?)
> > - slight mouse move over the same "target", ToolTip appears and
> WindowMaker shows app icon again, everything fixed
> >
> > I remember discussing this a while back with Fred. Do you notice that
> too? I'm testing with ProjectCenter, I will look for other apps that have
> tooltips, but now PC should be really "standard“.
>
> If I remember correctly the reason for the described behaviour is that the
> tooltip window shows up, but is behind the normal window. This sadly is a
> rather general issue in GNUstep we don’t get the window manager to agree on
> the window stacking.

Do you mean NSWindow.h changes (
https://github.com/gnustep/libs-gui/pull/24/files)? My local setup has this
window level (see below, it differs from master version) and I don't see
any problems right now. Do you?
enum {
                                    // OPENSTEP  // MacOS  // GNUstep
  NSDesktopWindowLevel     = -1000, // --        // 2      // -1000
  NSNormalWindowLevel      = 0,     // 0         // 3      // 0
  NSFloatingWindowLevel    = 3,     // 3         // 4      // 3
  NSDockWindowLevel        = 5,     // 5         // 6      // 21
  NSSubmenuWindowLevel     = 10,    // 10        // 5      // 3
  NSTornOffMenuWindowLevel = 10,    // --        // 5      // 3
  NSMainMenuWindowLevel    = 20,    // 20        // 7      // 20
  NSStatusWindowLevel      = 21,    // --        // 8      // 21
  NSModalPanelWindowLevel  = 100,   // --        // 9      // 100
  NSPopUpMenuWindowLevel   = 101,   // --        // 10     // 101
  NSScreenSaverWindowLevel = 1000   // --        // 12     // 1000
};

--
Sergii Stoian,
ProjectCenter lead developer