HI Sergii,

here is what a pull down NSPopUpButton looks like on Cocoa:

This button has three items („Pull Down“, „Item 2“, „Item 3“). Only the later
two get displayed in the popup menu.
At least for the standard theme we aim for a similar display within GNUstep. If
you want something else a theme or a user option would be the way to go. Or a
decision to change the default.

At the moment I would say that Wolfgang and I are against your change and the
rest of GNUstep has not stated an opinion. Maybe it would help to show
different possibilities in pictures.
Could you pease post how a similar button looks with your new code?

Fred