Hi all,

I’m trying to build GNUstep for Windows using Clang and the 2.0 runtime ABI in
order to have support for ARC and blocks, but I’m having some issues and
general questions.

I’ve successfully built libobjc2 (as well as libdispatch) in a Visual Studio
command prompt using CMake and clang-cl as recommended
<https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2/blob/master/README.windows> (i.e. not
using MinGW). Should these DLLs link/work when building GNUstep using
MSYS2/MinGW?

For me, building GNUstep base in MSYS2/MinGW fails during configure. Using LLD
it doesn’t find objc.dll ("unable to find library -lobjc"). Using Gold gives
different errors ("unrecognized emulation i386pep" and others). I’ve verified
the library search paths.

As I’m pretty new to MinGW on Windows any general pointers are also much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Frederik