I generated the files that are needed for a GUI and back release. I don’t have
the means to generate the release itself. It would be creat if somebody
(Richard or Ivan) could do that right after the base release.
I ran into an issue with generating the NEWS and ANNOUNCE files for GUI (on
back this worked as expected). Perhaps somebody could look into that? I had to
run the makeinfo command manually for these files. It also looks like makeinfo
did change the bullet character and a few more. But as the new format looks
nicer I kept it.

Cheers,
Fred