It's been a while since I last tried to install GNUstep anywhere.  At the
beginning of the year, I got a cubietruck (www.cubieboard.org) and
installed Lubuntu from the provided images.  It is a very standard Lubuntu
install, the only difference is a custom Linux kernel from sunxi (
www.linux-sunxi.org).

In any case, when I compiled base earlier today, I got flooded with
warnings of the type:
 Compiling file NSMessagePortNameServer.m ...
NSMessagePort.m:1093:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type [-Wcast-align]
 static NSRecursiveLock *messagePortLock = nil;
 ^
NSMessagePort.m:1093:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type [-Wcast-align]
NSMessagePort.m:290:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type [-Wcast-align]
 static Class mutableArrayClass;
 ^
NSMessagePort.m:290:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type [-Wcast-align]
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:106:1: warning: cast increases required alignment
of target type [-Wcast-align]
 + (void) atExit
 ^
NSMessagePortNameServer.m:106:1: warning: cast increases required alignment
of target type [-Wcast-align]
 Compiling file GSFFIInvocation.m ...
GSFFIInvocation.m:146:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type [-Wcast-align]
 static IMP gs_objc_msg_forward2 (id receiver, SEL sel)
 ^
GSFFIInvocation.m:146:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type [-Wcast-align]

I'm sure these aren't harmful, but there are so many of them that it drowns
out any other information that might be important.  Has anyone who built on
an ARM board gotten the same warnings?  I'm curious as to why it is
happening at all.

One piece of additional information: I ran the test suite and got very few
failures.  I'm going ot be looking through some of them in the coming days
and will report back.

Stef