Hi Marc,

> >Here is the difference between tcsh and ch shell.
> >Tcsh shell is C-like Shell, Ch shell is C-compatible shell.  Note
> >that Ch is C/C++ interpreter, it supports C99 and C++ class.
> >All Win32, GTK, OpenGL, ODBC applications can run
> >in Ch without compilation.
> >

> well, Yet another scripting language ...

It is a C/C++ scripting language. I may not think it as
a new language. For example, you can run the following standard C code in
Ch::

======================================
#!/bin/ch

#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
  printf("Hello world\n");
}

> >There are many C/C++ users who may sometimes write some shell scripts
> >for quick job. Using C-compatible shell can take advantage of their
> >C/C++ skills without learning a different language.
> >

> well ... i've perl for quick jobs :-) but ruby or lua are very good too.

I agree. but perl, ruby, python, lua and tcsh are a different language for
C/C++ users.

> >BTW, I am not sure what you mean that win32 is supported by tcsh.
> >

> well. Amol wrote a win32 port of tcsh and this is now a part of the tcsh
> sources.

I see. you mean tcsh has been ported to windows.

> >Does gnuwin32 run independant of any shells?
> >

> i don't think so : a shell is just a glue between processes and file
> descriptors (maybe i'm wrong).

I tried a couple of gnuwin32 binary, it runs fine without using
the tcsh, it can run in msdos or any other shells.

Peter
Ch: a free C/C++ interpreter
http://www.softintegration.com