It is by design GoCD does not print secure variables in the console. It is
no longer secure if folks can just env on the command to see the variables.
The value will be passed correctly to the program.

You shouldn't try to print the variable in stdout/stderr, if you must
absolutely check the value try writing it to a file and login to the
machine and verify the contents.

Thanks,

--

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in