As a temporary workaround, could you move that copy Command into a batch
file and verify if that works?

Many of us follow the habit of running commands via version-controlled
shell scripts that are used as materials. This decouples the commands from
the orchestration tool, provides version control, enables us to take
advantage of a script file rather than just a single command, use a variety
of scripting languages, keep the gocd configuration focused on
orchestrating script execution, reduces change in the gocd configuration,
etc.

So if you use a script file as a material and get it to work, please do
consider continuing to use the script file

As for the reason the custom command failed, is that a custom command or a
task in a job? I have a vague recollection that Chad fixed some stuff
related to Windows paths earlier this year but he could confirm or the
change log could show it.

— Sriram