As you correctly said, after I save the authorization configuration I get
"You are not authenticated" 401 http response.

However, when I open an incognito window nothing will load, request times
out and browser returns an empty response. (Access is enabled)

If I have been granted access to Okta as a user, I should be able to view
the Okta authentication page at the minimum.

GoCD Okta plugin log:

   - WARN  [Thread-79] OktaPlugin:97 - Request
   go.plugin-settings.get-configuration is not supported by plugin

GoCD Okta authorization configuration:

   - API Issuer: https://<okta url>/oauth2/default
   - Client ID & Secret ID

Okta settings:

   - Login: https://<gocd
   url>/go/plugin/cd.go.authorization.okta/authenticate
   - Initiate: https://<gocd url>/go/plugin/cd.go.authorization.okta/login