Another alternative (or parallel mitigation) is that you put effort into
convincing those responsible for your audit that the "known
vulnerabilities" in GoCD from Spring Framework etc have been assessed and
not demonstrated to be vulnerable or relevant in GoCD's particular usage of
the framework.

Specifically, all of the Spring/Hibernate-related issues are documented as
to why (at least I, Chad) don't believe they affect GoCD at
https://github.com/gocd/gocd/blob/9783f612aa3dfb479e08ceb9983c3307a6fb63ef/build-platform/dependency-check-suppress.xml#L20-L162
current with respect to 24.3.0.

Obviously there is still latent risk from using any EOL or unsupported
software libraries so that might not go very far.

Side gripe/empathy for your position - often proprietary software is full
of similar unsupported libraries, but the more black-box they make it, the
more such audits don't even know what the software is comprised of. And
some auditors are happy to just say "well, vendor says their product is
supported so it's OK if it is made up of old, EOL stuff", such that they
are happy to "take a vendor's word for it", in a way they are unwilling to
do with open source.

But yes, that's certainly not an "excuse" - and it's certainly "not good"
that GoCD relies on these EOL pieces, which is what I have been
incrementally working towards documenting, then simplifying, then fixing.

If/when you want to get started, take a look at
https://developer.gocd.org/current/ and hit me/others up here or at
https://github.com/gocd/gocd/discussions if you get stuck.

-Chad