Freddie, how can I get contact with Subodh Kulkarni in order to get my Konkanni Utramdaiz or Lexicon and Konkanni Bhaxechi Bandavoll into his Wikidata? Given my age I would not claim any copyright. I am in contact with Fr. de Ataide on producing these. I am working at it. In the meantime, Fr. Prashant Madtha SJ has brought out three books parallel to Roget's Thesaurus: Pikollim, Konkanni Thesar and, now in 2026, Orthkosh - Somanator orth ani Virodhantor orth. I have followed German, all round project, Konrad Duden's Deutscher Wortschatz. I was trained there for Konkanni Lexicon in 1988 and began Govt. of Karnataka Konkanni Lexicon at Fatima Retreat House, Mangalore. But, after four years of work, one Jesuit superior and one College Principal, brought a stop to the work and the material collected lies unused until today at St. Aloysius College, now dtb Uni. Do you suggest I go ahead with Konkanni Utramdaiz and pass it on to Goa Konkanni Akademi or other interested party, say Rajhauns etc. You could call me sometime at your leisure. Let us think over the possibilites. I am 82 and may have a couple of healthy years to go and, so, complete the work in the meantime. All the best to you and at home. William Robert Da Silva
On Tue, Aug 18, 2026 at 3:12 PM Jeanne Hromnik <[email protected]> wrote: > Thank you! This is good to know. > I'm plagued with guilt as I use wikipedia but do not respond to their > requests for money. I'm careful with my widow's mite. > Seems to me wikipedia should be funded in significant amounts from users > and contributers such as Goa University and others. > Does that make sense? > Xxj > > On Tue, 18 Aug 2026, 09:02 Frederick Noronha, <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> From a note from Subodh Kulkarni: "As you know, Goa University is working >> on Wikimedia projects. Now, they have started digitisation, re-licensing >> and Wikidata. They have also started working on multilingual Wikisource. A >> workshop has been planned on the occasion of *Konkani Manyata Diwas*, >> 20-21st August (2026)." Subodh can be contacted at +91 94229 07330 >> >> From a *Wikipedia perspective*, *digitisation* means converting books, >> photographs, newspapers, manuscripts or other physical/analogue materials >> into digital files that can be preserved, searched and potentially uploaded >> or linked through Wikimedia projects; *re-licensing* means obtaining >> permission from the copyright holder, or otherwise establishing a suitable >> free licence such as *CC BY-SA*, so that copyrighted material can >> legally be reused, edited and redistributed on Wikipedia/Wikimedia >> Commons—simply digitising something does *not* make it freely usable; >> and *Wikidata* is Wikimedia’s structured-data repository: instead of >> merely having information buried in a Wikipedia article, facts about a >> person, book, place, organisation, etc. are stored as machine-readable *items >> and properties* (for example, author, date of birth, publication date, >> language), allowing information to be shared and queried across >> different-language Wikipedias and other applications. >> >> >> >> _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ >> _/ Frederick Noronha फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या * فريدريك نورونيا >> _/ AUDIO https://archive.org/details/@fredericknoronha >> _/ http://goa1556.in +91-9822122436 784 Saligao Goa >> _/ Goanet :: 30 years of discussions. [email protected] >> _/ http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/ >> _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ >> >> -- >> *** Please be polite and on-topic in your posts. *** >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "The Goa Book Club" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected]. >> To view this discussion, visit >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/goa-book-club/CA%2Bmqab9DaR%3DSn%3D0JRpTjnsKOnsnd1tKhL8Sy-hCZeCwz8MfReQ%40mail.gmail.com >> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/goa-book-club/CA%2Bmqab9DaR%3DSn%3D0JRpTjnsKOnsnd1tKhL8Sy-hCZeCwz8MfReQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> >> . >> > -- > *** Please be polite and on-topic in your posts. *** > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "The Goa Book Club" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To view this discussion, visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/goa-book-club/CA%2BcjhjjSE6%2BwpkYbXyu_ffPcVs720QgAjQeTb25dG2kBfQRwWQ%40mail.gmail.com > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/goa-book-club/CA%2BcjhjjSE6%2BwpkYbXyu_ffPcVs720QgAjQeTb25dG2kBfQRwWQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> > . > -- *** Please be polite and on-topic in your posts. *** --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Goa Book Club" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/goa-book-club/CA%2BvNr4JLdDf-V72CVgJR30bzojvUn9-w-xrjHju0Vw5dFONxog%40mail.gmail.com.
