Having said this, I don't hold out much hope. I think it's been more than five
years I made a similar stink about the state of Pai Agostinho's (the father of
tiatr) original handwritten plays and stage directions which are deposited at a
Konkani Academi in Goa. Those books are in serious peril and already under
attack from white ants. There was similar concern at the time but I doubt
anything came of it.
It is good that my research doesn't in the main require a Goa archive
repository. I would be too distressed each time I see the lack of custodial
care afforded these priceless documents.
Having said that my research does involve interviewing and documenting family
histories in Goa, UK and Canada (descendants of those who had emigrated to
British East Africa). A similar loss of history exists here. While the 20th
century can be documented with  (not good but) adequate memory retrieval, not
much of the 19th century can be reconstructed through family history. And that
which is retrieved suffers from all the vulnerabilities of oral history.

Take care,Selma

    On Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 08:55:09 BST, 'Carvalho' via Goa-Research-Net