Dear Fred,
After the 1977 Sahitya Akademi Konkani Advisory Body meeting with the
then President, a great linguist of India of Bengali origin, I
resigned because the entire meeting was the Anthruzi going its own way
with Konkani movement and politics. I have never again participated.
If there was acceptance of all scripts, Cha Fra Da Costa would have
been the first all round winner at literary level in Konkani and
India. There was no one and there is no one as rich and varied as him
in Konkani, language and literature. So goes the history of
politicising in Goa and in Konkani.
William Robert Da Silva