Hi Lucy, Within India? Or beyond?
In the 1980s and 1990s, there was Peter Nazareth's anthology (a very
comprehensive collection) and Teresa Albuquerque's writing on Goans in East
Africa (she later wrote on Bombay too). Check out the works of Alan Machado
and Gopalakrishna Pai (Goan migration to the South). Braz Menezes' trilogy
ended up as a series of five books, dealing with the Goans mainly in Kenya
(a fictionalised narrative). Margret Frenz and the XCHR study on Goan
migration are fairly comprehensive, and from an academic perspective. Selma
Carvalho has written on Goans in the English speaking world and East
Africa. Cyprian "Skip" Fernandes has two books on life in Kenya and the
musicians and sportspersons of East Africa, respectively. The story of Sita
Valles, and the writings on/of Aquino Braganca, and Carolina Costa give us
a glimpse of Goan life in Portuguese-ruled Africa, and beyond. There must
be other titles I'm missing out here, as am just writing from memory and in
a hurry to catch the morning fast train to town! FN