Hi,
Is anyone currently visiting the Goa Archives at the new premises at Patto,
Panjim for viewing and requesting pdf's of documents?
If so, I needed to ask your kind help on a few documents I need.
A fellow scholar from outside Goa is currently assisting me in ordering some,
but they take long to arrive (as they are stored elsewhere) and by the time
they do, he has to leave Goa. By the time he comes back, they documents go back
to where they where. So, near impossible to order due to this ping-pong kind of
effect, and I can't send any private friend, as they need to be registered
scholars.
My book is a non-profit, historical book on postal history, so can't really
afford to hire somebody professional to do this kind of simple task.
If anybody goes regularly to the Archives for their research and could please
assist me, I would be very grateful, as I need some documents as reference for
my book. It will only take a few minutes each time, to write the application
form and then to apply and collect the CD's.
Please contact me privately if you can help me just ordering documents. If you
know Portuguese, better, else I can instruct.
Many thanks,
Joao Paulo Cota