Peter,

As a seasoned traveller, you probably have your favourite guest house in
Philadelphia!   ACS registration opened yesterday, and from past experience the
cheaper (= good value) hotels tend to book out fast.

I went through the official  ACS hotels; the average is  ~$220 + TAX, probably
not including breakfast.   I found a TravelLodge just opposite the convention
centre however for $124, including tax, breakfast and  free  WiFi, and where  I
have reserved a room for two, this being about half the "ACS" rate.  Do you
recollect our arrival in the middle of the nite in San Diego. I was checking
into the hotel at a  "special rate" of around  $90, when the receptionist
overheard the two of us chatting about the ACS.  She instantly insisted that
she had to charge us the  "special" ACS rate, which was about  $150.  I denied
all knowledge of the  ACS, and we got the  $90 rate, but it taught me that when
the ACS says it negotiates special rates, they mean more expensive!   No need
to point out that the  TravelLodge is  NOT in the  ACS list!!

Frankly,  I am getting quite fed up with the  ACS circus, which is just a rip
off all round.  I suspect this might turn out to be my last  ACS meeting
(unless in the very unlikely event, they give me another prize!).

http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/pennsylvania/philadelphia/travelodge-philadelphia-convention-center/

1227 Race Street
Off Hwy 676
Philadelphia , PA  19107  US
Phone: 1-215-564-2888

PS I am passing your emails regarding datamining to others at  Imperial.  It is
incredibly important what you are doing and whilst it might indeed be a
distraction from research, the whole community will owe you a great debt!