Hi Eric,

For a direct response to the publisher claim that OA will cost jobs, see my
blog post from January of this year.
https://plus.google.com/109377556796183035206/posts/L6QNRbt4S8x

For a longer version of same response, see my article in the March 2012
issue of SOAN on the Research Works Act and Federal Research Public Access
Act. (The article covers many other topics; for this particular argument,
see Section 1.11.)
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/03-02-12.htm#rwa&frpaa

     Peter

Peter Suber