From: Stevan Harnad
To: american-scientist-open-access-fo...@listserver.sigmaxi.org
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 10:09 PM
Subject: Stepping down as Moderator of American Scientist Open Access
Forum

Dear All,

In September 2011 the AmSci Open Access Forum went into its 14th year. I
think I have been moderating the Forum long enough, and so I'm stepping
down as moderator, effective the end of December.

This leaves time for the Forum to decide (1) whether to continue (or the
other two OA lists -- SOAF and BOAI -- are sufficient). If the decision is
to continue, we will need (2) volunteers or nominees for who is to take
over the moderator role and (3) a volunteer to mediate and tall the
(offline) voting, if it comes to a vote.

Please send your votes to me (offline) on whether the AmSci Forum should
continue (1) and if so please (2) volunteer or nominate a new moderator. I
will post a compendium of all the votes but I don't want the traffic to
drive everyone off the list before its fate is decided!

Also, please also let me know (offline) if you would volunteer to (3)
mediate and tally the (offline) voting, if it comes to a vote.

Best wishes,

Stevan