Dear Thierry,

In the French speaking community of Belgium (also called the Wallonia-Brussels
Federation), the most advanced IR policy is that of Liege University. The
others, mainly at Brussels and Louvain, are moving ahead and should be fully
mandated by 2013, this is the reason why the FRS-FNRS "mandate" will be fully
effective for the 2013 call.

The policy at University of Liege (ULg) is that no deposit can be made
technically if it has been published from 2002 on and if it is not full text.
It is physically impossible to file in metadata only, ORBi (the IR) will reject
the deposit. Hence, although non-full text deposits do exist in ORBi, they can
only correspond to papers published earlier than 2002.

In other words, in response to your question, only fully text postings are
considered as published work for evaluation at ULg. This is the policy that
will be followed at FRS-FNRS as soon as all IRs will adopt this policy. The
fact that FRS-FNRS will impose this rule is definitely going to be a major
incentive in imposing such a policy in all institutions.

Best regards and happy New Year!
Bernard Rentier